A casual swim has taken place on Christmas Day in Hunstanton for over 60years Hunstanton Round Table have been running it since 1979 so this year will be the 40th official Christmas Day Swim! Every year sees more and more swimmers taking part to help raise money for local good causes!
If your interested in taking part check out the Hunstanton & District Round Table Facebook page for updates and to find out how to enter!
Meet at oasis at 10.30.
Fancy dress judged by mayor at 10.50. Parade along prom to sea at 11. Hot drinks for swimmers afterwards. Changing facilities and showers available at Oasis.
HOW TO REGISTER
Simply print off the registration form, collect as many sponsors as you can and bring
your form with you on the day and register at the reception desk in the Oasis.
NO FORM, NO ENTRY.
Conditions of Entry
- All sponsor money raised by swimmers must be remitted to Hunstanton Round Table by 31st January 2018. No money raised by individual swimmers for this event may be distributed by them on their own account.
- Money raised by the swim each year will be donated by Hunstanton Round Table to local charities, causes or individuals, as agreed by our committee. Swimmers, businesses, clubs or charities are not allowed to get sponsors, market, collect funds or enter the swim for themselves or their own organisation – THIS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- The registration form, attached to the sponsor form must be handed to the organisers on the day of the swim, in order to qualify for a certificate.
- All swimmers will be required to enter the water fully to qualify for a certificate, i.e. no toe dippers! All entrants are to swim (or paddle) under the Round Table banner, and no wet/dry suits are to be worn.
- The fancy dress is optional, and will be judged before the swim. There will be prizes for best individual & the best themed group.
- Swimmers are to register on the day at Oasis Leisure Centre at 10:30am.
- Swimmers will be asked to parade to the sea at 11:00am.
- Hot soup will be available free of charge to swimmers as they come off of the beach.
- No responsibility will be taken for any health problems arising from the swim – swimmers are advised to consult with their local GP prior to entering the water.